If you need to bind large number of documents in quick time without any hassles, you need a comb binding machine. Compared to other types of binding methods such as coil binding or wire binding, comb binding is more preferred because of its versatility, cost-efficiency, and uncomplicated nature. As a result, more and more companies are now using comb binding machines for creating professionally designed user manuals, reports, recipe books, etc.
Mentioned below are some the benefits of purchasing comb binding machines for office use.
- The cost of creating a document using plastic comb binding machines is around 50% of the cost of coil binding for the same document.
- In addition to being versatile, a wide variety of colours are available for comb binding. As a result, it is possible to customize the documents using these colours.
- Comb binding is extremely efficient in binding thick documents as well as assembling smaller documents.
- It is possible to bind a lot of finished documents quickly, maintaining good binding quality.
- These binding machines are easy-to-use, with intuitive designs and simple controls.
Most Important Features
Though comb binding machines are excellent for business use, finding the right one for your specific requirements can be an overwhelming process. Modern-day comb binding machines come with many useful features. Based on your exact binding needs, you have to decide with are the features that you need. This awareness will make it much easier for you to choose the perfect comb binding machine for your office.
- While purchasing a comb binding machines, punching capacity is one of the most important factors to take into account. Binding letter-sized documents requires punching 19 holes in it. This is why all comb binding machines are equipped with built-in punch holes. Therefore, it makes little sense to purchase a binding machine, if it can’t punch multiple holes. It is recommended that you look for a machine capable of punching a reasonable number of sheets per punch. Depending on sheet thickness, the number of sheets could be as high as 25 and as low as five.
- Size of the comb is another important factor you need to consider. The best comb size for your binding needs depends on the thickness of the documents you want. Therefore, it always better to opt for machines that can handle a variety of comb sizes.
- Nowadays, many comb binding machines come with special features that may be important to you. For example, if you have a lot of documents to bind, electric punching mechanism can save you a lot of time. On the other hand, if you want robust documents, features such as depth of punch margin control and rotary edge guides can be extremely useful.
- Design of the machines is another factor that should not be ignored because only well-designed machines can provide a convenient binding process. For example, D-shaped handle binders can be used by both right and left-handed individuals without any difficulties.
- Finally, avoid purchasing any binding machines that don’t come with a reasonable warranty period. This is why it is always prudent to purchase your binding machine only from renowned manufacturers such as RENZ Australia.
Please contact our expert technicians today to find out more about the state-of-the-art comb binding machines from RENZ Australia.