Book press and joint-setting machine
The PräForm XS is a machine to press books after casing-in, setting the joint at the same time and processes single books just as well as small series of books.
It processes single as well as small series of books without any format settings.
The PräForm XS is equipped with two pressing plates of 310 x 310 mm and with heated joint formers. Their rounded (“bull-nose”) shape is ideal for celloglazed and laminated papers as well as other binding materials such as cloth etc.
The temperature of the joint formers is controlled by thermostat and is set according to the requirements of glue, binding material and also working speed.
After casing-in the book is placed on the bottom pressing plate with the joint lying on the joint former. Now the safety guard is pulled down.
The pressing process is activated by pressing the rocker switch in the “up” position. During the pressing process, the next book may be cased in.
By pressing the rocker switch in the “down” position, the pressing process is finished, the pressing shaft opens. The safety guard is pushed upwards, and the finished book is removed.
Usually it is then piled to dry out and does not need any more pressing.
- Floor space: 60 x 60 cm
- Height: 49 cm
- Weight: 98 kgs
- Power supply: 230 V / 50 Hz (A. C.)
- Book height: 120 – 310 mm
- Book width: 120 – 310 mm
- Book thickness: 2 – 75 mm
- Output: 60 – 80 pcs/h (depending on the material used)
- no setup time, simple and user-friendly operation
- low space requirement
- simultaneous pressing and joint-setting saves time
- perfect shaping of the joints
- temperature of the joint formers adjustable
- optimized for use with the casing-in machine PräLeg XS
- books with flat and rounded backs
- layflat books
- textile, leather and cloth cases
- books with cellophaned cases